The first registration window for students who plan to attend kindergarten or first grade in Greenville County Schools next year (2024-25) will be held December 4-8, 2023.
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2024 must enroll in public or private kindergarten unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver (see Kindergarten Non-Attendance Form). Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1, 2024 must enroll in first grade. (IMPORTANT: Students who are currently enrolled in a GCS 4K or 5K program do not need to register.)
There are two ways parents can enroll their child. They can visit the Parent section of this website and set up a Backpack account. Once it’s set up, open the Backpack account, look for “Enroll A Student,” and follow the instructions.
For families that do not have internet access, the Student Enrollment Form and Home Language Survey form are available at each school. Parents are urged to bring all the required documents when they visit the school.
The following documents are required for online or face-to-face registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain name and property address matching photo ID). These can be a combination of:
- Current utility bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
Parents can find out where their child will attend kindergarten or first grade by calling INFOLine at 355-3100 or visit the Find Your School section of our website.