Welcome to Greenville! If you’ve just moved to town, there are a few things you’ll need to attend to…

Auto Registration and Driver’s Licenses:

If you move to South Carolina from another state, you have 45 days to transfer your vehicle title and registration. You may apply for the title and registration by mail. The Form 400, Application for Certificate of Title/Registration, which must be completed, contains the proper mailing address for the department.

Beginning Monday, May 15, 2017, if you’re applying for an original South Carolina beginner’s permit, driver’s license, or identification card, you must bring two proofs of your current SC address, in addition to the other required documents that prove you are who you say you are to an SCDMV branch.

For more information on how and where to attend to all the necessities, try the official SC Department of Motor Vehicles website.

*Helpful Hint: The busiest days at the DMV offices are typically Mondays, Fridays and the 15th and 30th of the month.


Check our employment section for information on Greenville area job openings.


There are many ways to get to know folks in the Greenville community. Check out the large number of membership organizations as well as the community calendar. If you’re interested in volunteering, there are numerous volunteer opportunities available as well.

Greenville Newcomers Club
Everyone is invited to come and meet with the Greenville Newcomers Club at their monthly coffee meeting. They meet at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of the month, and the location varies. Enjoy beverages and finger food as you mingle with other newcomers and hear what is going on with our Club.


Public School Registration:
Parents/Guardians need the following documents to register their children in local public schools:

– Birth certificate;
– Immunization records;
– Medical forms from the County Health Department or a personal physician;
– and previous report card if transferring from another school.

For more information on Greenville County Schools, access the Greenville County School page or the Greenville County School District Info Line.

Higher Education:

There are many options if you’re interested in college classes:

Bob Jones University
ECPI College of Technology
Furman University
Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
Greenville Technical College
North Greenville University
Webster University


Cable/Cable Internet:

Charter Communications


Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative
Duke Energy Corporation
Laurens Electric Cooperative
Gas – Piedmont Natural Gas


Recycling centers

Telephone/Dial-Up and DSL Internet Services:

Nuvox Communications
Water – Greenville Water System