Learn with Kids at Home
With schools closed and many students learning from home, we have resources for homework help for all ages, including fun learning activities for caregivers with preschoolers:
- BookFlix – Video storybooks paired with related nonfiction ebooks
- BrainPop, Jr – Video and fun learning activities for students in grades K-3
- Muzzy Online – Language learning for kids
- TumbleBooks – Animated and talking story and chapter books
- TumbleMath – Math picture books for students in grades K-6
- Note: This resource has been made available temporarily through August 31, 2020.
All these and more can be found under the Kids & Teens menu at Kids Homework & Learning and Teens Homework & Learning. Our Kindergarten Readiness resources and Little Learners Club have hundreds of ideas for activities with young children. The State Library has also provided temporary access to Tutor.com, a great homework help resource including access to live tutoring for students in grades K-12.
You can also find beginning reader and picture books on OverDrive, as well as books for older children, by browsing by subject under Juvenile Fiction and Juvenile Nonfiction.