The Carolina Recycling Association recognizes the inherent value of diversity, equity, and inclusion to our organization, governance, and membership. Diversity and inclusivity increases our strength by enhancing our understanding of people from all walks of life and bringing more varied personal and career experiences to our mission and actions. This will only broaden our ability to fulfill our purpose to advance waste reduction and recycling in ALL segments of the population.
Form an Advisory Committee
CRA will immediately form an Advisory Committee made up of board members and CRA members/stakeholders to meet quarterly and at the conference:
- To look at CRA’s activities and policies through the lense of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I).
- To advise the CRA on matters respecting and prioritizing diversity and inclusion in the CRA’s activities and governance.
- To advise the CRA on ways to include, inspire, and impact communities of color and underserved communities in the Carolinas’ recycling industry in all sectors
CRA will begin collecting organizational data on a voluntary basis about membership and participation that includes recognizing racial and ethnic information to help build our understanding of our own organizational composition.
- Provide 10 CRA membership scholarships for Minority Serving Institutions.
- Provide a minimum of 10 scholarships to Minority Serving Institutions for the 2021 Conference.
- Provide CRA membership scholarships for Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprises.
- Provide scholarships to Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprises for the 2021 conference.
- Develop an Online Forum devoted to equity and inclusion in the Carolinas recycling industry through our new online community
- Devote space and time for DE&I Committee Meeting at the CRA Conference