The big North Carolina Mountain State Fair in Asheville is the official “state fair” of the western part of NC. More than 180,000 people attend the 10-day event that celebrates our people, agriculture, art and tradition. It’s fun for all ages, with plenty of exhibits, animals, food, rides and more. The fair is held at the Western North Carolina Agriculture Center, near the Asheville Regional Airport (I-26 East, exit 40). It’s a big place, so wear comfy walking shoes and allow time to see it all. Tip: Bring cash since credit card use is limited.
- Friday: Gates open 9 AM; Rides open 10 AM, close 1 AM
- Saturdays: Gates open 9 AM; Rides open 10 AM, close Midnight
- 1st Sunday: Gates open 9 AM; Rides open 10 AM, close 11 PM
- 2nd Sunday (Closing Night): Gates open at 9 AM; Rides open 10 AM, close 9 PM
- Monday-Thursday: Gates open at 3 PM; Rides open 4 PM, close 11 PM
FREE parking is available on fairground property and satellite property. Parking is located on Highway 280 at Gate 6. Satellite parking is located 1 mile South of Gate 6 (follow the signs) with free bus transportation to the fairgrounds (shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes).