Food Trailers Receive Final Approval From Greenville City Council, Applications Open in February

Warning: Information you find on this page may be outdated or incorrect.

Greenville City Council gave final approval to allow mobile food units including trailers in the city limits. Anyone interested in operating a mobile food unit (truck, trailer or cart) must apply for a business license and City decal sticker.

The Revenue Division will begin accepting packets for Mobile Food Vendors on February 1, 2023. Please note, processing of the Business License packet could take approximately 10-14 business days.

Applicants should begin to compile required information. Please note that this list may be expanded.

  • Application for business license
  • Background check
  • 10-year driving record
  • Copy of permits required by the SC DHEC (South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control)
  • Inspection of mobile food vehicle by Fire Department and Business License Division
  • Proof of insurance and registration

Visit for additional information.

Written by the City of Greenville.