During peak leaf season, November 12 through January 15, if your yard waste isn’t collected on your regular trash/recycling pickup day, it will be collected the following day.
Please place materials at the curb by 7:00 am and follow the guidelines below. The city will collect leaves, grass clippings and tree limbs/branches that are no more than six feet long and six inches in diameter.
- Rake leaves into a loose pile at the curb (no bagging)
- Keep leaf pile separate from tree limbs/branches
- Remove rocks, litter and other debris from leaves
- Make sure piles are at least 3 feet from each other and from other obstacles
- Keep piles of leaves and grass clippings at least a foot from the curb to prevent them from being swept into the storm drain
- Remove vehicles from street to ensure trucks can access yard waste piles
Also, please don’t place pumpkins at the curb with your yard waste. They can’t be collected by the city’s automated trucks. Instead, compost or dispose of them in your trash container.