Make a difference by volunteering to adopt a Greenlink bus shelter for periodic cleaning!
Each Greenlink bus stop is part of our community. By volunteering as an adoptee with Greenlink’s Adopt-A-Stop program you can make a difference in yours. The program provides opportunities for community groups or individuals to contribute to the beautification of bus stops throughout Greenville County by providing periodic cleaning or sponsoring bus stop amenities.
Why Does Greenlink Need Your Help?
Greenlink provides transit service to more than 425 stops throughout Greenville County. Although each shelter receives a scheduled cleaning and repairs and maintenance occur when Greenlink is notified of any issues, it is challenging for Greenlink staff to service each stop as often as is necessary. You can help make a difference in your community through Greenlink’s Adopt-A-Stop program. The program helps Greenlink provide immediate attention to maintenance concerns such as graffiti removal, urgent repairs, garbage cleanup, and security issues.
Sign up today so that your organization, business or family can do your part to make our community and environment cleaner and safer!
What Is Expected?
Greenlink asks that Adopt-A-Stop volunteers:
- Commit to visiting the stop at least once a week to clean up trash and debris
- Report vandalism or safety concerns to Greenlink on a regular basis
- Assess the need for amenity upgrades such as landscaping, trash cans, sidewalk landing pads, benches, or shelters. Upgrades will need to be funded by the Adoptee and may require additional permit approvals. Consult with Greenlink staff before any improvements are installed
- Decide whether to renew your agreement on an annual basis.
1. Choose a bus stop. You can view Greenlink’s top 25 most used stops for a list of stops that would benefit most from your help. Otherwise, you are welcome to pick another stop in the system.
2. Contact Greenlink at 864-298-2756 or [email protected] to schedule a time to meet and discuss your plans for the stop that you are interested in adopting.
3. Submit your application.
4. Once your application has been approved, Greenlink will reach out to schedule a follow-up meeting to deliver up your safety packet and supplies.
5. Report your clean-up activities once a month.
After your bus stop is adopted, your name will appear on a sign which will be posted at that stop. You may also receive recognition in Greenlink’s quarterly newsletter and on social media. The city will also provide a press release template for you to share with the local news outlets so you receive the recognition you deserve!
Visit the Greenlink website for additional information.